· Hold cottage meetings for neighbors. To get a copy of a user friendly power point for these and other meetings. send an email with your name and phone number to standstrongfortheconstitution@gmail
· Reach out to friends and neighbors, talk to them, spread the word, distribute brochures.
· Post relevant items on social media (post on Facebook, tweet, texts, etc.) Send emails. Like phone trees of years past, email trees can be VERY effective.
· Connect with legislators Talk to both your Utah State Senator and Representative them about this issue. Invite them to attend your cottage meetings. Carbon copy legislators on emails that you send out.
· Invite friends and neighbors to do the same things you are doing.
· Get involved during legislative session. Provide your email so you can receive alerts. Come help at the capitol as you are able.
· Write essay or produce video for the contest and or encourage others to participate. Theme: Abide by the Constitution, Don’t Change It. Details are on this website-essay page.
· Join the Coalition. Remember there is no cost and no obligation to be a part of our coalition network. If you are a member of an organization that belongs to the coalition you may get emails and updates through your organization, but to get updates directly scroll down to the “Join Now” button on the homepage of this website.
· Donate money to the cause to pay for brochures, etc. Donations can be made using paypal or credit card by going to the bottom of the home page on the website: Checks, made out to Stand Strong for the Constitution, can be mailed to 1615 S. Carterville Road, Orem, UT 84097
We will have an informtaion table at the annual Utah State Eagle Forum Convention.
DATE: Saturday January 13th, 2018
TIME: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm -Check-in 7:30 am
PLACE : Salt Lake City - Airport Hampton Inn
To volunteer, please let us know which 1, 2, or 3 hour block would work best for you. Text or Call 801-224-1769.
On Feb 23 2017, HJR 03 Joint Resolution Calling for a Convention to Amend the Constitution of the United States was defeated on the Utah Senate Floor. -- Nelson (House Sponsor) - Vickers (Senate Sponsor) How did your Senator Vote? Go HERE to find out.
Surely our legislators are hearing from proponents of an Art V Convention, so they ALSO need to hear from us, AS WELL AS from as many like-minded friends and neighbors as possible!
If your senator voted against HJR 3 in Feb, please make a point of contacting him/her to say thank you for his NO vote. Find out if he still opposes an Article V and encourage him to continue to stand strong against any such resolutions in the upcoming session. If he voted FOR HJR 3, he needs to know how disappointed you are. Does he still favor an Article V? If so you can let him know how important this issue for you and share your expectations that he will oppose any and all such resolutions in the 2018 session. You might also share a link to a favorite video or article.
Some members of our coalition are ALSO asking their state senators and representatives to sponsor/support resolution(s) to rescind any active call for a constitutional convention. Are you aware that three states recently passed rescission resolutions? Here are links to their documents: NEW MEXICO, MARYLAND, NEVADA And here is a downloadable MODEL RESCISSION RESOLUTION.