(Scroll down to see talking points )
Connect with legislators Talk to your state senator and representative and let tell them why an Article V Convention is a bad idea. Visit Utah's Voter Information site to learn who your legislators are. Invite them to join with other legislators in opposing ANY new calls for a constitutional convention.
Join the Coalition. Remember there is no cost and no obligation to be a part of our coalition network. If you are a member of an organization that belongs to the coalition you may get emails and updates through your organization, but to get updates directly, scroll down to the “Join Now” button on the homepage of this website.
Get involved during legislative session. Watch for emails from firstname.lastname@example.org and take action when needed . Come help at the capitol as you are able.
Donate money to the cause to pay for brochures, etc. Donations can be made using PayPal or credit card by going to the bottom of the home page on the website: Checks made payable to Stand Strong for the Constitution can be mailed to 1615 S. Carterville Road, Orem, UT 84097.
Reach out to friends and neighbors, talk to them, spread the word, distribute brochures. We need an informed electorate and education is the key.
• If a Convention were held today, who would the delegates be and what special interest agendas would creep in?
• If the existing ratification process requiring ¾ of the states is guaranteed to stop bad amendments, how were bad amendments such as the 16th (income tax) and 17th (direct election of senators) amendments ratified?
• The Con-Con proponents' fear-mongering mantra is, "We have to do something before it's too late!" Why not follow the Constitution? It worked well when we did. The proponents don't have a plan for enforcing our current Constitution and they don't have a plan for enforcing their new Constitution.
• State legislators should reject unconstitutional federal programs. This is the proper role of state government and such rejection would largely stop federal overreach into our state.
• It's illogical to think that adding or changing rules will compel chronic rule-breakers to follow the rules. What are we going to say? "We really mean it this time!"
• We all agree the federal government is out of compliance with the Constitution. We disagree that the solution is to change the Constitution.
• The proper solution: When followed, the Constitution provides the mechanism and limitations to stop special interest spending that balloons the budget and attracts special interest electioneering. No risky constitutional convention is necessary!
• An Article V constitutional convention would enable powerful special interests to revise the Constitution in their favor!
• Why should we take the unnecessary risk of a runaway convention that could rewrite the very Constitution that has enabled a greater amount of freedom and prosperity for a greater number of people than any other system ever devised by man.
• The proposed amendments won't solve problems, they'll just open the door for mutilating our Constitution and Bill of Rights.
•We don't need to change the Constitution. We need to obey the Constitution.
Post relevant items on social media (post on Facebook, tweet, texts, etc.) Send emails. Like phone trees of years past, email trees can be VERY effective.
Hold cottage meetings for neighbors. To get a copy of a user-friendly PowerPoint presentation for these and other meetings, send an email with your name and phone number to email@example.com.
Invite friends and neighbors to do the same things you are doing.
Copyright © 2019 Stand Strong for the Constitution - All Rights Reserved.